A great welcome to everyone who takes a few minutes to visit my blog, and hope you will return. I started off scrapbooking, but making cards soon overtook and I really enjoy seeing the end results. I enjoy blog hopping to see the wonderful creations from other crafters, there really are some talented, friendly people out there.


My Crafty Followers

Wednesday 16 February 2011

Flowers and Swirls in black and gold

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I last posted but just seem to have been so busy lately.  Just a quick couple of cards tonight that I've made over the past few days.  The first being a birthday card for a friend's 65th.  Felt like doing something a little different using peel offs, glimmer mists and metal flakes.  I used an  8 x 8 white card, sprayed with bronze cosmic shimmer mist.  Using a stix 2 double sided sheet and a peel off, I covered one side with metal flakes.  I layered this onto gold and black card.  I layered swirl peel offs onto bronze card.  A piece of black ribbon, a ribbon bow,a few black gems, job done..

My second card is an A6 card for a new baby boy.  I ran a piece of blue card through my big shot using the cuttlebug spotty embossing folder and layered a kanban picture onto it.  Made a bow with blue ribbon, a couple of embellishments, a few gems and a teddy peel off in the corner.

Hopefully at the weekend I will post 2 more that I have in the pipeline.  I will also post my cute valentine I made for hubby.....bet you can't wait to see it....... thanks for stopping by and any newcomers who have stopped to look at my blog along the way you're all very welcome.  Dee xx



2 comments:

  1. Lovely cards youve made there well done. Ive left something on my blog for you hope you will accept.
    Aud x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards Denise,I love how you've used the gold in the peel off,haven't tried this,like the look!Have a great weekend,Julie.x

    ReplyDelete