A great welcome to everyone who takes a few minutes to visit my blog, and hope you will return. I started off scrapbooking, but making cards soon overtook and I really enjoy seeing the end results. I enjoy blog hopping to see the wonderful creations from other crafters, there really are some talented, friendly people out there.


My Crafty Followers

Wednesday 9 March 2011

50th cards update

Hi, well I have 10 minutes to spare before going off to visit my son and daughter in law, so thought I would  do a quick posting on the 50th cards from last night.

The pink and black is an 8 x 8" square.  I've used a combination of DCWV the 'Endless summer' stack and My Minds Eye 'Pretty Please' 12 x 12 cardstock. I die cut 2 small Nestabilities labels 16 in pink and white and used Anita's black glitter words and numbers for the sentiments.  Bazzil on the edge diagonally across the page, small tag, black ribbon and a large pink flower to finish.

The 'shabby chic' card was an idea after watching Sue Wilson, on create & craft. I think she makes such beautiful cards, she's probably one of my favoourite crafters to watch.  Anyhow, I used a biscuit coloured A5 card, covered the front and also 2 panels with My Minds Eye 12 x 12 card again.  Using the swirls crafts too embossing folder I embossed onto cream card. rubbed versamark ink across and perfect pearls to give a lovely sheen to it.  I spritzed brown card with cosmic shimmer sprays and layered embossed card onto it.
I die cut the shapes for the centre using Nesties labels 5.  Satin ribbon, flower and leaf spritzed again with cosmic shimmer, pearl accents, a length of lace tied around, finished.

Hope you like these, will hopefully post again at the end of the week if I get time..  Thanks for looking.. Dee xx

1 comment:

  1. I love Sue Wilson too Dee, She is always calm and does some fab cards ..... The two you have made are lovely and I know how much work you have put into them .... I hope your workload gets easier for you soon then it's more time for crafting!! Thanks for the super kind comments you leave me .... the pink floaty stuff on my M'day card is a Malibu feather I( not sure if the spelling is right there!!! )

    ReplyDelete